Bookmark and Share

Board of Elections

Voter Information


View a Tutorial on the New ImageCast Machine for Use by Indiviuals with Disablilities

Voter Registration Information

How Do I Register to Vote?

You must complete a voter registration form and submit it to the local Board of Elections no later than dates below to be eligible to vote in the upcoming election.  You must meet the following criteria to be considered a registered voter.  Voter registration forms can be found at any post office, town hall or at any local Board of Elections office.  Downloadable forms are available - click here.


  • be a United States citizen;
  • be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
  • reside at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
  • not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
  • not claim the right to vote elsewhere.


   Applications must be postmarked no later than October 14th and received by the Board not later than October 19th to be eligible to vote in the General Election.

IN PERSON:   Applications must be received at the Board no later than October 14th.

CHANGE OF ADDRESS:  Notices of change of address from registered voters must be received by October 19th.

Re-Registering or Changing Your Information

  • Once you register, you are permanently registered unless you move.
  • Name, address or party enrollment changes can be made by submitting a new registration form in any manner permitted for a registration application.
  • If you move, your notice of change of address must be received by the Board of Elections up to:
    • 25 days before the election in which you seek to vote if mailed.
    • Or, 20 days before the election in which you seek to vote if applying in person.
    • You will be notified by the Board of Elections of your new polling site.
  • A change of enrollment takes effect 7 days following the general election providing it is received  prior to the last day to register for that election.

Party Enrollment

By enrolling in a constituted party you can help designate candidates by signing petitions and voting in a primary election, however, you are not obligated to vote for your party’s candidate in the General Election, you may vote for any candidate from any party.

To vote in a primary you must register for one of the following constituted political parties by indicating your preference on the voter registration form: Democratic, Republican, Independence, Conservative or Working Families. You can also choose to write-in a party or not enroll in a party, but in either of these cases you will not be able to participate in a primary.

Additionally, if you are currently an enrolled voter and change your party status, your change will not be effective until after the next General Election.

Change of Enrollment Form  

Political Parties


Related Links