Bookmark and Share

Orange County Departments

Veterans DD-214 Discharge Papers

(845) 291-3084

Veteran’s Discharge papers (DD-214) are found on file in the Photocopy Department at the County Clerk’s Office. Any Veteran living in Orange County can file their Discharge Papers with the County at no charge as a courtesy to the dedicated men and women who served in our armed forces. The County Clerk’s office will provide at any time certified copies of the filed veteran’s DD-214 also at no charge.

Very often veterans are required to submit DD-214 discharge papers when they apply for certain benefits. By filing your papers with the County Clerk, you are assured that a permanent record exists, at your disposal, if the original is misplaced, destroyed or needed by you or your family. Your DD-214 can be filed at anytime after separation from the armed forces.

If your DD-214 has been destroyed or lost and not on file at the County Clerk’s Service you can contact the Orange County Veterans Office at 291-2470 for assistance on how to obtain a copy.