Bookmark and Share

Orange County Departments

Veterans Peddlers License

(845) 291-3062

Individuals who have been honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces are eligible to apply for a Veterans Peddler’s License. This license provides veterans with the right to peddle, vend, and sell goods, wares or merchandise or solicit trade on the highways within Orange County. The permit does not supercede any restrictions, etc. placed by City, Town or Village Clerks. One should inquire with these offices about their rules and regulations.

To apply, you must present a valid drivers license or photo identification, a local utility bill (as proof of Orange County residency), one passport size photo (2" x2") and a copy of your DD-214 Military Discharge papers. A license is issued free of charge and is valid as long as the individual maintains residency within the county. Photos can be taken in our office free of charge also.